Dragonfly will offer a wonderful variety of options to cater for dietary requirements such as vegetarian, gluten free and FODMAPS.
Our offerings will focus on seasonal foods, and the principle that people should eat food that is naturally flourishing in the local area at the current time. This way, the produce is at its peak in production, nutrition and flavour. We will be sourcing from areas surrounding Melbourne, and wider Victoria as much as possible.
Our partner farms in Victoria include:
- main supply of vegetables from Glenbourne (1 hour north of Melbourne)
- fruit from Castlemaine
- our supplies of fruit and vegetables will be complemented by sourcing local produce from the neighbourhood and using a barter system with the remainder being filled by Ceres and their Fairfood Network which supports local farmers
- Angus beef from Annie’s Angus (FaceBook: @AnniesAngus)
- pork from Amber Creek Farm
- coffee from Eureka & Growers, Australian grown in the Byron Bay Area
- tea by Southern Lights Herbs
Some examples of menu items we plan to offer include: soups, salads, and sandwiches; special platters (including cheese and meat); and of course a variety of sweet treats! Our drinks menu will offer all the regular coffees and teas, plus juices, smoothies and bottled drinks (such as tasty kombucha!). Check out our Deli page for more delectable, local producers and suppliers information.